Five advantages of direct mail marketing campaigns
Published November 28, 2013 at 9:05 am
Digital marketing may be all the rage these days, but there’s a reason direct mail is still around—direct mail can reach and create a powerful impact with your customers.
There are many advantages to using direct mail marketing. Here are five:
1. Direct mail is physical. Customers receive a postcard or brochure and are able to hold it in their hands or even put it on their fridge as a reminder to take action. This can carry more impact than an advertisement that merely flashes across the screen or an email that can easily be deleted before it’s even opened.
2. Easy to design and create. The ease of availability of desktop publishing programs makes it easy for people to create their own direct mail marketing materials and send them off to a targeted audience.
3. Simple measurement. The effectiveness of a direct mail marketing campaign can be easily measured by tallying the number of offers redeemed.
4. Variety and creativity. Direct mail allows you to create a variety of different marketing materials, from brochures to catalogs to postcards and more. Select the style that best suits your product and campaign message.
5. Specific targeting. One of the biggest differences between a direct mail campaign and a digital marketing campaign is the ability to target a specific demographic and deliver your message directly into their hands.
It was recently determined that direct mail is part of a $90 billion offline marketing industry. The power of this cannot be underestimated. Now that you know these benefits of direct mail marketing, how do you plan to use it in your marketing campaign?